I cannot think of one thing I would rather do more than sit in a 2 foot by 4 foot area for over 8 hours, can you?! I went to sleep right after takeoff – which meant Corey got 2 meals and 2 free drinks … he was happy. I did wake up early – about 4 AM Italy time. But still, that got me 6hrs sleep which is great for me! Corey slept on the later half of the flight – after the before mentioned food and drinks.
We passed over Ireland at ~5AM. HI JENNY!! From what I saw, Ireland looked fantastic so I want to come visit (from 60K feet high and through pitch black I could still tell it would be a fun vacation).
Flying into Rome was magnifico! The sun was just rising and cast long shadows on the countryside. I saw NO parking lots. Almost no asphalt period save one major road. I cannot wait to explore and see everything!
Unlike my past 2 overseas flights, I was lucky to have slept a wink. To that, I give you:
An Ode to Ambien
Ambien, Oh Ambien, in a pill of gorgeous blue,
You promise to put me to sleep, and I found this to be oh so true.
Like a glass of warm milk, a back rub, and a bedtime story,
You help ease me into a slumber, while waking me to full glory.
At times I felt like sleepwalking to the galley or the cockpit,
But luckily I was safely secured in a seatbelt, and could only sit.
Without you I don’t know where I would be,
Perhaps hallucinating and thinking that I was climbing a tree?
Bring on Rome!
1 comment:
wow - i have heard things are slow in italy, but we have seen about 1 bag per 10 minutes coming into the baggage claim area. at this rate we will make it into rome by 5pm local time (it is 8:30 here). oh, and i thought we were 6 hours difference but rignt now we are only 5 hrs ahead....
we got our bags! we are off to customs!
Post a Comment