Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mapping the Course

Since I am a visual person - I need to understand where Italy is (relative to what I know). It has been a long time since geography class! Here are the Italian cities and the equivalent US cities based on latitude location.
  • Rome = Chicago
  • Florence = Portland, Maine
  • Venice & Milan = Billings, Montana

While in Italy, we will be traveling a total of 757 miles from city to city. Here's how that relates within the US:

  • From Indy to New Orleans - 723 miles
  • From Indy to Boston - 797 miles
  • From Indy to Fargo, North Dakota - 720 miles

That is a lot of time on a bus, my friends. (Speaking of my friends - will someone make sure to comment on Nov 4th or 5th to let us know about the election!! Like good citizens we have voted but I don't know how much the Italians care about the US general election?)

~30 hours until our journey begins!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. how do I write on one of these things?? By the way.. great blog. Never thought i'd say "blog" in a sentence.. at least on purpose. Have a great time on your trip. Lou Dews when will be in good hands "or should i say paws" since Riley will be babysitting...

Anonymous said...

Remember...attempt Italian and they will appreciate it, seriously! Even if you speak Italian like a hillbilly attempting proper English! Eat lots of Gilato! Never taste an olive straight off the tree! Walk until your feet want to fall off! Pizza Margarita is the best! Notice all the details, Italy is the best...oh can I just come with you???

Anne said...

Not too sure about the pope in the woods ... if I see it, I will be sure to capture it on film! :)

Laura - Thanks!! I will follow all of the advice, and of course my Italian will be hillbilly-ish. I cannot roll my R's worth a darn.