Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rome was Not Built in One Day

Buon gourno! (Good Morning!) Hearing Italian spoken is gorgeous! I know they are laughing at our attempts to speak while butchering the language.

Last night's dinner was fun. The food ws OK - not magnifico - but not Olive Garden, obviously.



Unfortunately my video isn't working -- there was a mariache band singing for us last night. If I can get it to work I will share soon.

Big day here! Lots of touring. Here are some of the highlights:

  • Forum
  • Colleseum
  • St Peter Basilica
  • Spanish Steps
  • Pantheon
  • Trevi Fountain
  • Navona Square

So, although Rome was not built in one day, we are going to try to see it all in one day! We will only be able to scracth the surface. And - the pope is giving a speacial blessing today (All Saints Day) so we are rumored to get to see that at noon today! I hope we do - what an experiece.

Ciao!