Sunday, November 2, 2008

You Scream, I Scream, We all Scream for … PIZZA!?

OK – the pizza I had on Friday for lunch at the Piazza was good. But, last night’s pizza was unreal! It doesn’t look like much (pizza Margareta) … but wow was it good. So very thin that some of the crust was even a little burnt (didn’t bother me though!). I think it is the cheese and the pizza crust (not like our dough) that makes it so squisito (yummy)!

Voila … I was super hungry so I didn’t wait to snap a photo before I dug in.


Corey and I shared, although I ate most. He had a gorgonzola and sausage pizza. And gorgonzola wasn’t just sprinkled on … it was the only cheese on the pizza. Had a major bite … we agreed that mine was the best.

Dessert …a Nutella crepe. What an end to a truly Italian day.


Today's plans:
  • AM - maybe a bus ride to see some more of the city
  • Noon - back to the hotel to pick up Football Tickets! We are going to see a Series A (league name) soccer match between Lazio and Cantina
  • PM - back to Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and Pantheon to see them lit up a night. I hear it is a site to see.
I do like Linda’s suggestion … wine for breakfast! Haha … then I would really forget what I did while in Italy. So – I will have to save wine for lunch and dinner, and maybe a night cap as well. My post times are still Indiana time, so even though it says 1PM and we have had wine, it is 7PM here. We are now 6 hours ahead of Indy.

To Derek -- Compleanno Felice (Happy Birthday!) We are counting on you to cheer louder than those Patriots fans up in Mass!! Go Horse.


3 comments:

Carolyn Trueblood said...

Love the video. Are those your new Italian friends? Are you learning some of the Italian language as you go places? We turned our clocks back last night..Huge day for us!

Anonymous said...

Like I said, pizza for Christmas. Hope you can learn how to make it before you come home. The video was great!!

DWT said...

Thanks. I will be the only one at the bar wearing a colts shirt.