Friday, October 31, 2008

When in Rome ...

Mid-day post from Rome. We need showers so we are back at the hotel for a bit (seems our Halloween costumes this year are smelly, greasy Americans as tourists in Rome).

Here is a short recap:

We arrived at our hotel ~10AM local time. Our tour guide suggested that we take a nap to refresh. Yeah right, who naps while on vacation in Italy? So, Corey and I put some things up and went to Villa Borghese - a big park close to our hotel.

I drank from the fountain (when in Rome...)

If you notice the awful sunglasses I have on ... mine fell out of Corey's bag which means I have none and currently have to wear his. At least it is now overcast and supposed to rain soon.

We stopped for lunch in Piazza Brasil. Mmmm...pizza and a Peroni for him, vino rossa for her.












And, we saw this outside of the pizza cafe ... Italians are so dog friendly!


We have a planned dinner with our group as a welcome tonight. Before that we have a "meeting" ... some sort of info session. We would rather play hookie and get a glass of wine at the bar across the street. Or, we can make it more interesting and just drink in the meeting!

In the meantime, I need to go find some sunglasses that didn't come out of the movie "Super Troopers"!

5 comments:

Carolyn Trueblood said...

I love the pics. The fountain made me a little nervous. I hope you won't be writing an Ode to E coli, Cryptosporidium, Giardia, and our most popular Trueblood pathogen: Hepatitis A.

Carolyn Trueblood said...

I googled your blog to see if You've gone national yet. The first search option was for a couple named Anne and Corey who are honeymooning over in Italy. They had a link to accept donations! Just think--it could become bigger than your Generations Presentation that Oprah wants you to do!

Anonymous said...

Pictures are really cool. How did the pizza taste? Does this mean we will have pizza for Christmas, the Italian style. I think your mom is right, stay away from those fountains... or you may find all the toilets in Italy.

Anonymous said...

OOPS! the last comment was from me.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween. Looks like you dressed up as Rose-Hulman engineer graduates. Keep us informed since we are at home collecting the good candy. You having wine for breakfast???