Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Tower is Leaning!

Today's journey started with a trip to Pisa. It is a small small place, but was pretty neat to see (it's an Italy must!)

After Pisa we were off to Verrazzona castle in Tuscany. It is over 1000 years old! Great views. And, it was a vineyard so we had some good wine.

Later it was off to San Gimignano .. another little town outside of Florence. The sun was just starting to go down and the city was so adorable. I could live with this view every morning.

We didn't get back to Florence until later this evening ... we walked down the River Arno and found a nice place to eat on the river. We then walked around the town before heading back to the hotel.

Tomorrow morning we have a 4 hour drive to Venice. Once there, we have a walking tour around the city and then a gondola ride.
Oh - and we bought some olive oil (we also got to see some people harvesting the olives from the trees)!! This shop in San Gimignano was so cool.



Buona Notte (Good Night)!

PS. When I get a really good and fast internet connection I will upload all of our pictures and send the link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!! Can't wait to see all of your pictures. Have you found any good wines?? You still have alot to see with only a few more days to go. Have fun. Venice... Oh, take lots of pictures there.

Carolyn Trueblood said...

I've stared at leaning tower of Pisa picture one time too many....the tower looks straight, but the building to the left looks skewed. Glad you're having such a good time. Will be happy to have you back home....does Louie always wake up at 4AM??

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture! Although I still can't figure out why they call it the "Leaning" Tower? Did your tour guide fill you in?